Welcome to iBasis, one of the world’s largest carriers of international telephone calls (approximately 24 billion minutes of calls per year!). At iBasis we strive to provide the highest quality international calling service at attractive rates. If you would like to learn more about iBasis please feel free to peruse our corporate web site by using the links on the left. And thanks for selecting an iBasis calling card!
End User Agreement
Prepaid Calling Agreement—Subject to Change at Any Time In the Sole Discretion of Card Provider
By purchasing or using the calling card (“Card”), the user (or “You”) accept/s the rates, terms, and conditions (“Terms”) identified on this page as such Terms are updated from time to time. You should periodically check our website for any changes, which will be posted with a new effective date. Call 1-877-291-9783 between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 midnight ET seven days a week, to contact customer service, to report a defective card, and to inquire about international rates, fees, surcharges, access numbers, and country codes. The Terms include the following:
Card Specific Information
- Rates vary and are subject to change.
- Cards may not be used to place 411, 500, 555, 700, 800, 855, 866, 872, 877, 885, 885, 900, 976, or 911 number calls, to place certain toll-free, operator-assisted, third-party billed, directory assistance or collect calls, and such calls will be blocked. Cards are designed for international use, but intra- and inter-state calls will not be blocked.
- Calls made to international cell phones are subject to higher rates than calls to a wire-line phone at the same international destination.
- Calls made from pay telephones are assessed an additional $0.99 per call.
- Unless promotional pricing applies, calls made using a toll-free access number (e.g., 1-800, 1-888, etc.) instead of local access numbers when local numbers are available on the card are assessed an additional fee of $0.03 per minute, which is added to the applicable per-minute rate.
- A weekly fee of $0.89 cents is assessed within twenty-four (24) hours after the first call and each week thereafter.
- After the first minute, calls are billed in increments ranging from one to five minutes depending on the specific card and called destination. For example, the first minute or fraction thereof is billed as one minute, and each additional three-minute increment or fraction thereof may be billed at an additional three minutes.
- International destination post-call surcharges (Post-Call or Real-Time) of between 0% and 100% of the per-minute base rate, depending on the destination, are applied to each per-minute charge and are assessed over and above both the per-minute by-country rates and the other fees and assessments identified here.
- Post-Call surcharges will greatly reduce the number of minutes delivered when multiple calls are made.
- Up to $0.99 hangup or connect fee may apply at the end or start of a call.
- Cards are only valid if sold through an authorized distributor or reseller, used prior to their expiration dates, and their sale is accompanied by certain disclosure information including a reference to this website. If not, you should cease using this card and immediately contact the merchant.
- You shall not use the card in a manner inconsistent with the applicable laws of any governing authority that has jurisdiction over the Company’s Services.
- You should make every effort to safeguard the Card and the PIN. No Card Provider, distributor, or retailer is responsible for lost or stolen cards or PINs or unauthorized use. You are responsible for notifying the Company immediately of any unauthorized use of the Service.
- Card has no cash redemption value and is not refundable unless the card is unusable for reasons beyond the control and the card has not exceeded the expiration period. Crdits will be provided for cut-offs or one-way transmission consistent with applicable law. To request a credit or refund, you must notify th Company at the designated toll-free number on the back of the card.
- Card Provider and its distributors and agents will not be liable for any failure of performance due to causes beyond its control, including, but not limited to, Acts of God, fires, floods or other catastrophes, national emergencies, insurrections, riots or wars, strikes, lockouts, work stoppages or other labor difficulties, preemption of existing services in compliance with any law, order, regulation or other action of any governing authority or agency thereof.
- No warranty, express or implied, is made regarding the condition or fitness of the services offered or use of the Card for any particular use or purpose, including warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or non-infringement. Card Provider does not authorize anyone to make a warranty on its behalf and You may not rely on any statement of warranty as a warranty by Card Provider. With respect to any allegation, claim, or dispute related to use of the Card or the services provided there under, the liability of the Card Provider, distributor, or retailer, or any of their employees, agents, or cooperating service Providers (the “Parties”) shall be limited to an amount equal to the charge for such affected service. Card. IN NO EVENT WILL
- THE PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. USER ACCEPTS THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BY USING THE CARD.
- You will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Card Provider and its distributors and agents against all claims of loss or damage arising from use of your Card, including (a) allegations or claims for libel, slander, invasion of privacy, or infringement of copyright arising out of the material, data, information, or other content transmitted via the Card, and (b) all other allegations and claims arising out of any intentional act or omission, whether giving rise to criminal or civil liability, by
- You or others authorized by You to use the Card.
- Card Provider may deny or limit use of the Card for any lawful reason including pursuant to contractual terms and conditions between Card Provider and distributor or retailer. If the Card Provider suspects fraudulent use or distribution of the Card, it may be suspended or terminated, and Card calls may be intercepted, without notice.
- Card Provider will not be liable for any act or omission of any company furnishing a portion of the service or of any third party, including those vendors participating in offerings made to You, or for damages associated with service, channels, or equipment that it does not furnish, or for damages that result from the operation of customer-provided systems, equipment, facilities or services that are interconnected with Card Provider services.
- No waiver of the Terms is valid. Card Provider, in its sole discretion, may modify and assign these Terms.
- The Terms are binding upon You and Card Provider and upon, respectively, your and Card Provider’s agents and heirs. If any part or provision of these Terms is finally determined to be invalid or unenforceable under applicable law by a court of competent jurisdiction, then that part or provision will be ineffective only to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability, without in any way affecting the remaining parts or provisions of these Term, which will still be given full force and effect.
- If you have a dispute concerning your Card, please first call the Customer service number listed on the back of your Card to resolve the issue. Applicable regulatory authorities may also be contacted if you are not satisfied with resolution of the issue by the Company. All other disputes arising out of or related to these Terms (regardless as to whether the dispute is based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal or equitable theory) will be submitted to the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), for final and binding arbitration. The arbitration will be conducted under the AAA Arbitration Rules for the Resolution of Consumer-Related Disputes Commercial Arbitration Rules (“AAA Rules”), as such rules are in effect on the date of commencement of the arbitration and as such rules are modified by these Terms. For more information regarding AAA, you may visit its web site at http://www.adr.org. The arbitration will be based only on the written submissions of the parties and documents submitted to the arbitrator, unless the parties agree or the arbitrator orders otherwise. Additional charges may apply for such procedures. The award may be confirmed and enforced in any court of competent jurisdiction. Currently, the AAA Rules provide for reduced filing fees for consumers. Unless otherwise provided for in the AAA Rules or in the arbitration award, all other administrative fees and expenses of an arbitration, including the fees and expenses of the arbitrator, will be divided equally between You and Card Provider. Each party will bear the cost of preparing and presenting its own case. Any in-person arbitration proceedings will be held in Boston, Massachusetts or at the location that AAA selects unless otherwise mutually agreed upon by the parties. Each dispute will be arbitrated on an individual basis and will not be consolidated in any action with the disputes or claims of other consumers or customers. No dispute or claim may be brought as a class action or as a private attorney general, and You will not have the right to act as a class representative or participate as a member of a class of claimants with respect to any dispute or claim related to the Card. Any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms must be brought within one year after the date on which the basis for the dispute or claim first arises or the period of time provided by statute.
- California Customers Only: If you have a question about your service or about your balance, please call iBasis customer support at 1-877-698-7480. If you are not satisfied with iBasis’s response, submit a complaint to the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) by visiting www.cpuc.ca.gov/complaints/. Billing and service complaints are handled by the CPUC’s Consumer Affairs Branch (CAB), which can be reached by the following means if you prefer not to submit your complaint online:
Telephone: 1-800-649-7570 (8:30 AM PT to 4:30 PM PT, Monday through Friday)
Mail: California Public Utilities Commission, Consumer Affairs Branch, 505 Van Ness Avenue, Room 2003, San Francisco, CA 94102
If you have limitations hearing or speaking, dial 711 to reach the California Relay Service, which is for those needing direct assistance relaying telephone conversations, as well their friends, family, and business contacts. If you prefer having your calls immediately answered in your mode of communication, dial one of the toll-free language-specific numbers below to be routed to the California Relay Service provider.
|Type of Call||Language||Toll-free 800 Number|
|TTY/VCO/HCO to Voice||English|
|Voice to TTY/VCO/HCO||English|
|From or to |
|English & Spanish||1-800-854-7784|
To ensure that you can continue to use the service while you wait for the outcome of a complaint to the CPUC specifically regarding the accuracy of your balance, please contact CAB for assistance. You must continue to pay any new, applicable charges while your complaint is under review to keep using the service.
- These Terms are governed by and construed under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without regard to choice of law principles.
- Intrastate calls may be subject to additional and/or different rules and could be governed by iBasis Retail, Inc. tariffs filed with state and PUC Commissions in applicable states.
- UPDATE: December 7, 2018