How will you drive greater monetization of SMS A2P traffic?
According to a recent MEF report, SMS remains in a strong position despite the growth of OTTs:
- Overall, SMS is relevant to 71% of users and OTT apps to 56% of users for business messages
- 44% of smartphone users only receive business messages in the SMS inbox
- 27% use SMS and OTT apps equally
- Only 29% recall messages to their Messaging app only
Source: A2P business messaging report, MEF 2020
The global A2P market is expected to reach approximately USD 50.1 billion by 2023 with a CAGR of 4.7% over the forecast period 2018-2023.
WHAT DIFFERENTIATES THE iBASIS MODEL?
With SMS A2P traffic so critical, carriers seek leading platforms and models to drive monetization.
Optimized Rates | QoS | Control | Greater Subscriber Protection | Global Access to Largest Service Editors
iBASIS’ wholesale trading expertise platform and advanced analytics tools offer a comprehensive solution for global and affordable SMS P2P and SMS A2P coverage.
The key features of our SMS A2P capabilities include:
- Outstanding Direct/0-Hop coverage with continuous growth
- Global coverage
- Serving the largest CPAAS Providers, SMS Aggregators, and Services Editors
- Providing MNOs global coverage for local services
A key change is the steady growth of SMS/A2P messages, bringing with it new usage patterns but also, unfortunately, the arrival of new forms of SMS fraud.
- Incremental monetization – levy charge for inbound A2P SMS traffic
- Network protection & traffic selection – embedded SMS managed firewall provides rule-based filtering of incoming A2P SMS traffic
- One point entry for all incoming A2P SMS traffic – simplifies inter-connect with fragmented A2P universe
- Build aggregate termination demand – leverage iBASIS’ existing business relationships with large A2P SMS originators
BE THERE FIRST
First to new markets. First to new customers. First to new revenues. First in the digital era.
iBASIS is the leading communications solutions provider enabling operators and digital players worldwide to perform and transform.
Ask us how we can help you optimize your voice, mobile data, and IoT connectivity.