iBASIS Partners with Qroam to Enhance Monetization of Long Tail Roaming

QroamLexington, MA – iBASIS, the leading communications solutions provider enabling operators and digital players worldwide, announces today its partnership with Qroam, the first wholesale roaming trading platform.

The profitability of roaming business units has been impacted by regulations, decreases in retail and wholesale roaming rates, substantial increases in data traffic and growth in alternative roaming solutions. iBASIS leverages Qroam trading platform to enable its mobile customers with easier access to attractive commercial roaming rates (Inter Operator Tariffs) for medium to smaller roaming volumes in a more efficient and automated way.

“This is a perfect example of the type of solutions we want to enable our customers with. More  than 65% of operators are not doing more IOT discount deals because of resources and time constraint. Typically 80% of roaming traffic is generated by the top twenty outbound countries. Our partnership allows our customers to also optimize and monetize deals for the remaining 20% of their traffic,” says Patrick George, EVP Product and Business Development at iBASIS.

Exclusively designed for commercial roaming teams, Qroam was developed to provide an automated trading platform to unlock discovery of new outbound/inbound opportunities and revenues, while simplifying the process of setting up and managing discount agreements between mobile operators.

“iBASIS strengthens the Qroam trading platform with greater reach and deeper relationships across the mobile industry. We are excited to leverage the traction and dynamism of its IPX community, touching +1,000 interconnects globally, iBASIS is a tier 1 player in the industry with full mobile network reach for roaming across all technologies, on diverse routing, future proof and with full visibility and control. iBASIS and Qroam are sharing the same mandate and strategy to enable mobile operators with novel, easy to execute and profit-driven solutions,” adds Marcel Wientjen, CEO at Qroam.

In addition to concluding discount deals with medium and smaller roaming partners to generate savings, iBASIS’ customers can select back up partners to guarantee best service, and get special offers to cover short-term special events. Combined with iBASIS’ analytics InVision, operators also gain greater visibility, optimization and control over their traffic with sophisticated alarming and identification of specific IMSI behavior.


iBASIS is the leading communications solutions provider enabling operators and digital players worldwide to perform and transform. Powered by Tofane Global, iBASIS represents an estimated USD 1+ billion in annual revenue, is the third largest wholesale voice operator, ranks Top 3 LTE IPX vendor, serves 1,000+ customers worldwide and brings together 300 employees across 18 offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.iBASIS.com.

Recommended Posts